Mother Nurture is an art therapy group for women and their wider families who may be experiencing depression or anxiety relating to having children. The aim of the group will be to provide support using a creative journey over a number of weeks in a professional therapy setting. The group is open to anyone who has experienced PND, either mildly or severely and no previous arts experience is
The project is delivered by Livy Powell, Art Therapist with ten years experience in the field.
The six-week initial pilot project in the Bedminster, funded by The Greater Bedminster Partnership will begin the New Year.
The aim of the project is to benefit mothers who are experiencing anxiety and depression/Postnatal Depression (PND) in the following ways:
• Provide quality time in a creative space that enhances parent/child relationship
• Provide a psychological and emotional support within a safe and facilitating environment.
• Provide an opportunity for verbal and non-verbal expression and the release of thoughts and feelings.
• Support parents in their search for an understanding of their situation.
• Provide time away from some of the stressors of family life.
• Provide the opportunity to give and receive positive parenting messages, by example or through advice from other parents, children and staff.
• Provide the opportunity to highlight and recognise positive parenting, which in turn builds confidence and has the potential to boost a parent's self esteem
• Provide the opportunity to share similar experiences with other group members and receive support from other parents in a similar situation.
The sessions are free for mothers at a well known venue, accessible by public transport and by foot with parking nearby.
For more information on Mother Nurture, contact Livy on email@example.com
Copyright 2015. Wyldwood Arts Community Interest Company. All rights reserved.
Registered address: Walnut Tree Cottage, Lydbrook, Gloucestershire, GL17 9SW
Wyldwood Arts is a registered company in England and Wales.
Company number: 09357202